data release 4 (final)
The current data release (DR4) is the final VANDELS data release and it is fully described in the accompaining paper (arXiv:2101.07645 )
The numbers of released spectra are listed in the following table.
vandels consortium database
We provide access through a dedicated database, accessible at this LINK (free registration required)
Spectra are stored as multi-extension FITS files containing the following extensions;
Each extension can be viewed using standard tools like IRAF or IDL. The full information stored in these files can be inspected as a whole using the pandora.ez software as shown in this SCREENSHOT. If you want to install this tool follow the instructions at this LINK
- Primary: the 1D extracted spectrum
- EXR2D: the 2D linearly resampled spectrum
- SKY: the 1D sky spectrum
- NOISE: the 1D noise estimate
- EXR1D: a copy of the 1D extracted spectrum (to recover any edit that might be done on the Primary)
- THUMB: the image thumbnail of the object
- EXR1D_UNCORR: the original 1D spectrum without the correction that was applied to the originally calibrated spectra, due to a systematic drop in flux at the very blue end
of the spectra, compared to the available broad band photometry
the ESO archive
Data are available HERE
Spectra are stored in the ESO science data products standard format.
Instructions on how to display these spectra are provided by ESO in a dedicated web page.